Friday, December 7, 2012

Valuing Diversity


 I have learned many of interesting concepts this semester. However, the concept I found most interesting was; Diversity in groups: The Strength of different perspectives. In groups we work with all kinds of different people. Learning to adapt to others may be difficult, but there are benefits to working in groups. Working in groups allows us to have different perspectives or solutions to a problem. Diversity describes the reality of our national and world community that is made up of people having cultures, language, and social customs different from our own (Harris, Sherblom, 73). When we work in groups most often it is a diverse group, therefore are other members of the group who might be able to bring something, or know something that you may not know that often helps the group.

I chose this subject as a concept which I liked the most, because I value diversity. I have worked in groups before, and have gotten to know many of the other students. During my time working in groups I learned about other cultures, religions, and lifestyles. I was able to appreciate our differences, and learned to love them. I wanted to promote working in groups, because sometimes if I don't know some thing another student may know that answer, and we can still get credit. This chapter shows the importance in working in groups, and how there are benefits in diversity. To get a chance to work as a team, learn about other cultures, and get help from others and still get credit is a win win situation. Working in groups allows one to learn about others and value the strength in diversity at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment