Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Group Observation


 For my group observation, I observed a non profit program named, 180 degree program. 180 degrees programs are in school; and teaches children enrichment, and life skills. I observed them two times; one was a conference call, and the other was a meeting/training. I learned that there are many ways of communicating, and that in professional situations face-to-face meetings, were more efficient for this program. I also recommended that supervising managers under go train too. I felt this exercise was useful because I was able to actually observe communicate from an observer stand point and not a speaker or listener stand points. I learned about listening and feedback skills and techniques, and about different methods of communication. One thing I liked about the project was that we had the choice to determine the group we wanted to observe. I also appreciated the amount of time we were given to work on the project. If I could improve one thing it would be the maximum length of the project. I only requested that improvement because I ran over the 8 pages limit. I did truly enjoy this project however, and found it highly helpful and useful to my professional communication career.  

No comments:

Post a Comment