Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Introduction


Hello my name is Jasmon Jackson; I am 29 years old and am in my last year as SJSU. In the Spring I will be graduating with a BA in Communications, and since I was disqualified in 2006 and was just recently reinstated in 2011, I attended Solano Community College as well. I will be graduating from Solano the fall with an AS degree in University Studies with an emphasis on communication and liberal studies, and an AS in Interdisciplinary studies too.  My education has been a longer journey, while I have tried to pursue my degrees for the last 12 years.  After graduation I would like to further my education and move on to a master’s program.
Although I attend SJSU I live in Benicia, Ca. I have three daughters, ages; 12, 8, and 2.5 years old, and I work at Vallejo High School as a Para educator, and have held that position for over five years now. During my time at SJSU I founded a student organization called, Mother’s on a Mission, which met with the SJSU president to make SJSU a more parent friendly campus. It was due to my organization that elevators were places in the parking garages and diaper changing tables in all major campus restrooms.  I am also an active member of my church King Solomon Baptist church where I participate in many ministries as an active and faithful member.
Although, with school, work, and kids I am highly busy, I still often have time for things that I enjoy. For example love movies, mainly thrillers, suspense, and horror films. I am a law and order buff, and one of my favorite TV shows is Seinfeld. I love to roller or inline skate, cook, art and crafts, hydroponics, word games and puzzles as hobbies. I am truly a home body and as a single mother of three I spend most of my time with my mini me’s!
Thank you for allowing me to share a little about myself and I look forward to taking your class. I have a long history of Comm classes from Comm 020, 80, 131, 170, 173, and 101C and usually do fairly well in them for one of the reasons I chose communication.  I chose communication as my degree because I feel that communication is one of the most important aspects in any relationship, weather, personal, business, or when having contact with others in general. I find that through communication I can be a more well rounded person because I will be able to communicate in any situation. I would like to pass this class with B or better and would like to learn more about communications skills in areas that I know little about! I have faith that I will be able to learn and fulfill my goals in your class and am excited to see what this semester holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment