Saturday, October 29, 2011

Personal Dynamic Media

In the article, “Personal Dynamic Media,” Alan Kay and Adele Goldberg had a vision about a personal computer that everyone can use.  This personal dynamic medium size computer would be able to hold all an individual’s personal and related information. Kay and Goldberg had a greater vision for computers and wanted to make them more available and useful than there currents uses had been.  I learned that we have used devices as communication of ideas and feelings to others as well as back to themselves.  I felt that the idea of the Dynabook is a creative and useful thought. I think that computers have been useful over the years and that technology has progress so much that we are literally depended on electronically devices.  I feel that this idea would limit the personal interaction that people need. I also feel that with all your personal information on this device, one can risk personal information getting stolen if the device was lost. I know as technology continues to develop and over time this creation will happen.  I honestly feel that it already has, with such creations like; cell phones, Iphones, and Ipads.  These are similar devices to what Kay and Goldberg envisioned to the Dynabook. I found this article quite interesting but in some way I fear how much we depend on electronically devices and how we make technology such a large part of our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment