Right after the death of Steven Jobs, the next “buzz” in the media, was the coming out of the iphone 4S. I read an article entitled, iPhone battery drain--'Setting Time Zone' may be culprit by Edward Moyer. This article was bout the new iphone 4S that just recently came out and that consumers were complaining that the battery was only lasting for a few hours even with minimum use. The Guardian Newspaper reported that the culprit that drains the battery is the time zone settings. Researchers have discovered that the satellites were constantly searching to find the time zone the consumer was in, that it drained the battery. It was reported that this problem was a simple fix. Instead of constantly searching for the location for the time zone, they have changed the settings so that it only searches for the time zone location when it detects you have physically moved out of you present time zone area.
I chose this article because there was such a “buzz” about the iphone 4S when it came out. I personally am not an electronic buff, especially an electronic device that I can’t afford. However, I was curious what the issue was since so many people bought and invested in this product. I was relieved to hear that it was solved with a simple fix.
No comments:
Post a Comment