Thursday, July 30, 2015

Branding



 (Nekiy, 2015)

I chose this image because it caught my attention right off. At first glance the image looks to be something else, like lion’s face. When you look deeper in the picture you can see the real picture. The picture is of two women of culture playing drums together. I felt this image was a powerful and represents way more than they are trying to convey. I feel that is a strength I this logo.  I also loved how this logo represented the African culture and the logo is related to what the product they are advertising, also a strength on advertising. The adverting wasn’t too overwhelming with lots of color an, pictures, instead it was clean and direct. A weakness since I have to give one in this ad, I think a slogan or catchy phrase to make the advertisement more appealing and memorable would be appropriate. An example can be: African Drums – “A sound of our Culture” or African Drums-“Authentic African hand-mad drums. Other than that one suggestion, I loved this logo.

I believe the above logo message was attended too advertise their company store. This logo, was suppose to reach specific cultural backgrounds and reminded them that they can get a piece of the heritage right her in America. The logo is a representation of the company as well as an advertising tool.

I do think that this logo does accomplish the effectiveness of this of its message. The logo embodies the African American drums, and introduces other’s African culture and traditions.

The logo was creative and conveyed an advertising message, of class and curiosity. If I saw this ad in a window, my curiosity would persuade me to walk in and check things out.  The image represented the company and what they sale. The logo was very clear on what their store was about.             Consumers first rely on their own memories, previously learned from direct experience or indirect observations, to figure out a branded product’s expected performance. They either trust what they already know about a brand or infer expected quality of a branded product
(Chunsik Leea *, 2011)                                                                  

If I were to add two things to make this logo more effective, It would be to add a slogan to make the company and ad more memorable, secondly be able too add some contact information even if it is just a social media Icon, some way that if people see this slogan they know how to get in contact and get what they wanted. Slogans are memorable, even if the cant remembers the store name, and lots of people utilize social media and social media icons can connect all your social media sites. This will allow customers to get directly to your site and the convenience will be bringing in more customers. One of the fundamental reasons why social media has been so readily embraced by the general public is that it helps connect people with each others in ways that are valuable, meaningful and convenient. (Blanchard, 2011) This confirms the importance of social media for businesses and organizations

Works Cited

Blanchard, O. (2011). Social Media R01 Managing and Measuring Social Media Efforts in Your Organization. Indianapolis, Indiana: Pearson Education, Inc.
Chunsik Leea *, J. K.-O.-O.-O.-O. (2011). Branded product information search on the Web: The role of brand trust and credibility of online information sourcesBranded product information search on the Web: The role of brand trust and credibility of online information sources. Journal of Marketing CommunicationsJournal of Marketing Communications , 355–374.
Nekiy. (2015, 7 6). http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/.



No comments:

Post a Comment