In the article, Blogging: self presentation and privacy by Karen McCullagh. McCullagh talks about the new technology of Blogging. “Blogs are permeating most niches of social life, and addressing a wide range of topics from scholarly and political issues to family and children’s daily lives” (McCullah, 2008) In this article McCullagh discuss her concerns with privacy issues when it comes to writing blogs. In blogs many writers use personal information, and choose to express themselves freely. Blogs are informational and one of the greatest technology phenomena, however, there are still the issues of privacy that are breached. The writer explains the difference between blogs and web-based publishing sites. I am now able to distinguish the difference between blogs and credited literature due to this article. McCullage argues that many are deceived by blogs because they are actually just new post and not the actual, published information.
I learned a lot from this article and understand the fears that the writer has concerning privacy and blogs. I have just recently started blogging but I have noticed that my blogs are not too different from others. I also noticed that I took a lot of the information literally not considering who published the text or if it was credited work. I also learned the difference between informational privacy, accessibility privacy and expressive privacy. I feel that although, people have to right to self expression but agree that there needs to be some type of guidelines to guarantee that the information is creditable and the source of the information. Thus, many are deceived from the information they read.
Works Cited
McCullah, K. (2008). Bolgging: self presentation and privacy. Information and Communications Technology Law , 3-23.
No comments:
Post a Comment