I read an article on Yahoo Technology. The article was titled, German satellite expected to hit Earth on weekend. This article tells how German scientist from the German Aerospace Center, Created the ROAST research satellite. When the satellite was entering the Earth’s atmosphere it disburses into 30 fragments that are going to hit the Earth. German scientist say they are not sure where the satellite fragments will land on Earth and that they should arrive this weekend around Saturday evening. It was said fragments, “could crash at speeds up to 280 mph (450 kph)” Andreas Schuetz, a spokesman for the German Aerospace Center.
I chose this article because I found it fascinating that scientist can’t keep up with their satellites. These isn’t the first incident where satellites have been lost and scientist fear when and where it will hit Earth or even if they can ever find them again, once they leave the Earth’s atmosphere. Although, I am curious where these fragments will land, for some reason I am not scared they are going to hit or affect me. I feel there needs to be better ways to track and control what scientist put into space, and that researchers need to have ways to protect us if they are going to up us in harms way.
No comments:
Post a Comment